Bed bugs are considered to be a big nuisance by many in Singapore and can become torture if they are biting you now and then. Causing blistering effects on your body by biting you, these are nocturnal bugs that feed on human blood for survival. Sounds scary? Then you will surely be on your toes, after knowing that ignoring bugs can result in the speedy population of these blood-sucking bugs. Another scary fact? They are found everywhere. There's no place on earth that's bereaved of these reddish-brown creatures that are visible as they move very slowly from one place to another.
A home infestation of bedbugs has always been a problem worldwide, and Singapore is no exception to this problem. Used items, such as furniture or clothing, and even nearby animal nests, can help to spread bed bugs inside your home and cause an extermination problem. It is not sure whether bed bugs transmit any diseases, but even without that possibility, their biting makes them a most unwanted visitor. Bed bugs' bites could leave a homeowner with hives and swelling, and so it is a good option to know how to get rid of bed bugs.
Timely detection of bed bugs is very vital as this is the only way to start your bed bug treatment and control process.
Where to Check for Bed Bugs
• Corners of walls and ceilings
• Dresses, headboards, and nightstands
• Corner protectors made of plastic
• Mattress seams
• Picture frames
• Skins of ID cards
You must check for furniture and fixtures located near the bed and search for bugs. Any wall hangings or decoration items can be home to these tiny yet heinous creatures that feed on your blood.
Check the edges, seams, and folds of the mattresses and sofas at home and in your office to check for blood spots. If your inspection results lead you to believe that you have bugs at home, then its time you must contact the specialists to treat your home. Pest control professionals in Singapore offer advanced bed bug treatments, where they guarantee to use the best and the safest methods of eliminating the bugs population from your home, without causing harm to the people and animals in the house.
If you are still thinking of how to get rid of bed bugs in Singapore, then you might want to use the standard methods it is much easier to prevent bed bugs than to remove them. But if you have an infestation, then knowing how to kill bed bugs is your top priority. Hopefully, you know where the pests are nesting or can at least narrow it down to a few rooms, making your do-it-yourself pest control adventure a more targeted attack.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Depending upon your particular infestation situation, the following ideas will help you figure out how to get rid of bed bugs:
• Send your mattress and pillows out to be fumigated
• Wash your linens in hot water or have them dry cleaned
• Heat the areas of infestation, possibly the entire house, to 115 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 30 minutes
• Use an insecticide containing pyrethrin dust in any cracks or crevices (follow instructions and warnings carefully)
• Seal infested items like stuffed toys in a plastic bag
• Use hot steam on carpeting
• Try DE, food-grade diatomaceous earth, an organic pest control product
• Call a pest exterminator
Using a combination of the aforementioned do-it-yourself pest control ideas in Singapore will eventually have your home free of bed bugs. Since you went to all of that trouble, possibly weeks of effort, to discover how to effectively get rid of bed bugs, you will naturally want to know what to do to keep them from returning. Follow this next list of tips to prevent another bed bug infestation from taking hold of your home.
• Vacuum the floors regularly
• Patch any wall cracks, nail holes, etc., with caulking, plaster or paint. Window seals and door frames are especially important.
• Remove or re-paste any loose wallpaper
• Inspect your home's foundation for cracks that need repair
• Screen your attic and vents to keep pests like birds and bats from tracking in bugs
• Thoroughly inspect any second-hand items, especially upholstered furniture, before bringing it into your home
But the wisest thing to do would be contacting a specialist in Singapore who knows the best modes of bug detection and safe treatment for the elimination of bed bugs. Additionally, these professionals guarantee to give you a bed bug-free home for a longer time to come. Assessment and inspection of your home for the particular bed bug infested spots is an essential factor that you cannot do all by yourself and this is why it is imperative to hire a Singapore professional pest control specialist in your area.
Can Baking Soda Kill Bedbugs?
Although there are professional fumigators that can help you get rid of them, why not try a DIY method and save some dollars? Well, there has been an assumption that baking soda can kill bugs. Now, can baking soda really kill bedbugs? Is it a fact or a myth? Let’s find out.
Restaurant Pest Control in Singapore
Nothing harms a restaurant more quickly than someone who finds a fly in their soup, or a bad rating from the health inspector stamped on the restaurant door!